Mentally Disadvantaged Outreach Programme (MDOP)
Started in 2001, the Mentally Disadvantaged Outreach Programme (MDOP) is a partnership programme with the Institute of Mental Health (IMH). Our senior volunteers support rehabilitating mental health patients and help ease them back into the society through light physical exercises, puzzle solving and expressive arts. Volunteers also visit IMH wards to befriend the special persons there. In 2014, the programme expanded to partners beyond IMH. We welcome Hougang Care Centre and Bethesda Care Centre FAME Club to our family.
- IMH Wards
- IMH Mobile Library
- Octave @Bukit Batok
- Bethesda Care Centre FAME Club 242
- Bethesda Care Centre FAME Club 574
- Hougang Care Centre
Be an MDOP Volunteer!
Join us if you are:
- Patient and caring
- Able to communicate in Mandarin and English
- Able to complete a 2-day training workshop
- Able to commit 2-3 hours a week on weekdays for minimum 6 months
Sign up here