Started in 2001, the Mentally Disadvantaged Outreach Programme (MDOP) is a partnership programme with the Institute of Mental Health (IMH). Our senior volunteers support rehabilitating mental health patients and help ease them back into the society through light physical exercises, puzzle solving and expressive arts. Volunteers also visit IMH wards to befriend the special persons there. In 2014, the programme expanded to partners beyond IMH. We welcome Hougang Care Centre and Bethesda Care Centre FAME Club to our family.
- Alzheimer’s Disease Association, New Horizon Centre
- Anglican Care Centre – Bukit Batok
- Anglican Care Centre – Hougang
- Anglican Care Centre – Simei
- Bcare FAME Club 242
- Bcare FAME Club 574
- IMH Ward 53B
- IMH Mobile Library
- Octave @ IMH
Do you find joy in helping others ease back into society? Form bridges!
Join us if:
- You are patient and caring.
- You have a positive disposition.
- You want to reduce the social stigma towards patients and ex-patients.
- You can commit two to three hours a week on weekdays for a minimum of six months.