The Mentoring Programme is one of RSVP’s longest running programmes. Our senior volunteers serve as mentors to at-risk school primary children from low income families. A 3-hour after-school programme held at the school premises, mentors engage students through activities such as story-telling, arts and craft, and role-playing to impart moral values such as perseverance, responsibility and empathy.
Participating primary schools include:
- Ang Mo Kio Family Service Centre (Chengsan Branch)
- Dazhong Primary School
- Holy Innocents’ Primary School
- Marsiling Primary School
- Naval Base Primary School
- Paya Lebar Methodist Girls Primary School
- Teck Ghee Primary School
- Xishan Primary School
- Yew Tee Primary School
- Yio Chu Kang Primary School
Do you like interacting with students? Build children’s character!
Join us if:
- You are assertive and firm when interacting with the students.
- You have the patience to help students understand concepts.
- You hold at least an ‘O’ level certificate.
- You can commit to at least one afternoon a week on weekdays for a minimum period of six months.